This guide is for customers installing Arnott SK-2671 Front Air Shocks on a 2007-2014 Cadillac Escalade, 2007-2014 Chevy Avalanche, 2007-2014 Chevy Suburban, 2007-2014 Chevy Tahoe, 2007-2014 GMC Yukon, 2007-2014 GMC Yukon XL, or 2007-2014 GMC Denali with the factory Z55 AutoRide Electronic Suspension.
The removal and installation of electronic or air shocks on a GM SUV can be performed by a skilled do it yourselfer at home. If you are unsure of your abilities or not in possession of the required tools, seek the help or guidance of a professional. All information is for informational purposes only and should be taken as helpful hints and visualizations, not a comprehensive guide. Your vehicle may be equipped or modified with additional equipment not shown or mentioned.
- Disconnect battery, raise vehicle and set steering straight ahead.
- Disconnect shock sensor connectors and remove top shock bolts. If vehicle is equipped with selectable ride, disconnect the real-time damping link rod from the sensor.
- Remove lower shock bolts at lower control arm, then remove shock assembly.
- Install the spring seat adaptor, original equipment spring seat, and bump stop cap onto the Arnott shock absorber. Install the original equipment coil spring, bumpstop, upper spring seat and upper mount.
- Install the new shock assembly onto the vehicle, tighten the top bolts, and tighten the flange nuts on the lower T bar mounts.
- Remove the electronic sensor connector plug, replace it with the new plug and secure the cable.
- Reinstall wheel and reconnect battery.