Skip to content

Free Shipping on orders over $95


I own a 1995 olds ninety eight with the self leveling rear suspension. Do you know of a kit that will allow Me to use a regular shock in the rear instead of the self leveling units. If so what is the part # and cost of the units?




The companies we have only offer an air unit. They do not mention a way to convert the car. (You might have to check with a GM mechanic on how or if that can be done). Another option would be to just use an airline with the air units, which allows you to fill them up manually. (this is a common alternative if the factory air-pump or computer goes bad). For the rear units, you want to use the 171798, 71798, or 801798. The airline adapter is AK29. Here's the link for that kit (only one is needed) Monroe AK29 Rear Shock Absorber Air Hose Kit The airline allows you to fill the rear air units just like filling a tire. :-)
  • Free Shipping

    Enjoy free and fast delivery for all orders over $95. Learn more »

  • Easy Returns

    Simple returns for any product we have.  Learn more »

  • Fast Support

    Feel free to contact us anytime. We will be happy to assist. Learn more »